Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bad Dad?

I was getting dinner ready tonight and Allie called to ask what time Jeremy would be there to pick up Brendan. Cole was ready to eat and she wasn't sure if she should feed them both. I looked at the clock and realized it was 5:30. I said something must've held him up at work, but I'd call to see how soon he'd be leaving. I called and asked where he was. Here is how the conversation went...

Me: "Where are you?"
Jeremy: "Right up the road."
Me: "From mom's?"
Jeremy: "No, home." With a tone like he was thinking I am a complete moron.

There was a brief pause before it hit him. He left work, jumped in his car, and headed home completely forgetting poor, sad Brendan was waiting for him at my mom's.

In his defense, we are out of routine today. Typically Brendan goes to Sue's on Thursday, but there was a change of plans and he went to mom's. Apparently the anticipation of watching Twilight tonight was too distracting.

How could someone forget this face??

1 comment:

JMT said...

at least he left him in a house and not the car. Bonus points right there.