Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Face meet Concrete

Last week one night after Jeremy and the boys got home Brendan was playing out on the back step while Jeremy unloaded Owen and I made dinner. From the stove, you can clearly see Brendan. He loves to sit out there with Kitty (who is no longer allowed in the house). I looked and he was happily playing. I turned back around, just as Jeremy was going out to get him, and he was gone. When Jeremy opened the door, Brendan was letting out a horrible scream. He had fallen on the concrete steps. We aren't exactly sure what happened. Kitty won't tell us. Jeremy scooped him up, brought him in, offered him a bath, and all was perfect with the world. When he got out of the tub, I could see a bit of a red mark on his forehead but nothing too major. When he got up the next morning you could clearly see the scrapes from the concrete. The following day it looked even worse once it had scabbed over.


On Thursday we had to take Owen to his doctor appointment and I was cringing at the thought of what the doctor might say about Brendan's face. When he walked in he took one look at Brendan and said "Oh my....." I was bracing myself for the call to the social worker as he finished the sentence with "you look just like my son!" Phew.


I was mad that I didn't take a picture of it because it's pretty well healed now. I noticed that Jeremy did take a couple morning after shots so I thought I'd share. All three pictures kind of look like mugshots. The last one made me actual laugh out loud. Not at his pain, just the overall picture. I assume that was his morning look.


Oh yeah, check out his new do after his first haircut. Ok, so maybe it doesn't look all that different.

No comments: