Monday, September 14, 2009

I think I can, I think I can...

I think I mentioned before that Brendan got his new swingset early this summer. He has never been able to play by himself. We always had to go out and lift him up to be able to go down the slide. He has finally mastered the ladder to do it all by himself. (don't even get me started on the swing. He still wants nothing to do with it.)



Here he is on his journey caught on camera.








In other "what has Brendan done lately" news, he went to Gomma's last week. (No, I'm not spelling impaired. That's what it sounds like when he says Grandma. He started calling her Gum months ago and it's transpired to Gomma over time. Yes, with a bit of an English accent at times.) I was diligently working, because that's what I do, and my phone rang. It was Gomma on the phone. She wasn't too pleased. Her exact words when I picked up the phone were "I'm going to kill the little*@%$..." Of course I had to pause and think to myself, "whoever could she be speaking of in this manner?" She went on to say that they were all out on the deck. They being her, Brendan, and her bird who was sunning himself in his cage. Brendan must've decided she was cramped in there and set her free. They tried to rescue her, but no luck. When you ask Brendan about what happened he changes the subject. I was told that he did some serious sucking up trying to win over Gomma for the rest of the day.

He also got his first hair cut last week. Yes, his first. We can't all be follicly blessed. There wasn't a ton to cut, but it needed some serious shaping. I'm sure that it will grow like a weed now, or not.

That's about all the excitement for the moment. I took a few cute pictures of Owen yesterday that I will post later this week. We have his 8 week check up this week, which means shots. Yikes! If it's any consolation to him, me and Jeremy are going to get our flu shots at that time so he doesn't feel picked on.

No comments: