Monday, December 7, 2009

Crap, KITTY!

We have a cat that we got a couple years ago when he was about two months old. He may be the sweetest cat we've ever owned. He loves Brendan. They were buddies from the start. The cat's name is Kitty. Very clever, I know. But Brendan called him that from day one because it was one of the few words that he could say. It just stuck. Kitty's downfall? He preferred by living room carpet to his litter box. Kitty found permanent residence outside last spring when we got new carpet.

Brendan is at the age where he can be our slave. Er, I mean, helper. Brendan, get me a diaper. Brendan, turn the light off. Brendan, let the dogs out (or in). That's his favorite. The problem, is that Kitty uses that task to his advantage. We often hear "Uh oh, CAT" or "Naughty Kitty" or "Crap, Kitty!" and look up to see Kitty parading thru the kitchen so proudly. Now that it's getting cold, Kitty finds new and inventive ways to sneak in. Most of the time he is caught, but there is the rare occasion where we just happen to stumble upon him.

The other day Owen was playing in his crib while I was doing something. This is what I found when I came back to get him.






Brendan woke up from a nap to find Kitty lounging in his beanbag chair. I didn't know he was there. I walked into the room to find this.




It's going to be a long winter!

1 comment:

JMT said...

is that a child of yours in a CRIB?!?!?