Friday, December 11, 2009

Goofy Child

No pictures today. Just a funny story to share.

Last night we were watching a movie and Brendan was playing. I said to Jeremy I didn’t think the poor child had a bath all week. He reminded me that Brendan took a shower with him the night before. I made the mistake of actually muttering the B-A-T-H word out loud. Brendan perked right up and came over.

He wanted a bath. NOW. I told him he could take one later. He said “Pleeeaaassseee?”
I tried to ignore him.

When please didn’t work he tried “Por Favor?” because we all know please in Spanish seems so much sweeter. I still didn’t respond.

By this time he was looking to both of us knowing someone will cave. “Pleeease, mom. Pleeeease, dad?” I told him in a little while.

“Pretty please.” How can you resist the sweetness? I tried. Then he cranked it up a notch.

“PLEASE…..mommie…….dearest?”

Needless to say, he got a bath.

He did it again this morning while I was trying to get ready for work. He wanted to read a book. I told him after I got home from work. (Side note….the kid never wants me to read a book to him. I think he believes I’m illiterate so only Jeremy can read to him.) After I told him we’d read tonight, he begged again. “Please…..mommie…..dearest?” There is always a slight pause in between each word. We read two books before work.

And for the record, I prefer wire hangers.

2 comments:

Molly said...

love it love it love it. how in the world did he come up with that? maybe you need to monitor his internet activity a little more closely. he is clearly smart beyond our knowledge.

Auntie Ashley said...

I want one just like him!