Thursday, June 17, 2010

11 months?!?

Can you believe that Owen is eleven months old already? I can't. All is well. He's a busy little guy. He's a tad bit spoiled. He prefers to have 100% of your attention. If he can't get it then he will shriek at the top of his lungs while staring directly at you until you finally leave the room or break down and pick him up. If you leave he goes on happily playing by himself but if he catches a glimpse of you it starts all over.

He doesn't have much interest in crawling. He's eager to stand. He's working very hard on pulling himself up. He's getting pretty good at standing by furniture but tends to forget sometimes that he needs to hold on.

He's bored with being on his hands and knees in a crawling position. He prefers to stand on his hands and feet. It looks like he's doing yoga. This week he's discovered that you don't need your hands. He stand on his feet and props himself on his head and plays like that. It's the strangest thing you've ever seen. I have to catch him in the act and get a picture or video.

He goes to the eye doctor today to check on his "googly eye" as Bianca would put it. Did I tell you about Bianca? We were at the park a few weeks ago playing and there was a group of young girls. They were all around 4 yrs old. They congregated around him to ooo and ahhh his cuteness. Well, everyone but Bianca. Earlier in the trip I decided I wasn't a fan of Bianca's because she was being mean to Brendan. She'd cut in like on the slide and tell him she gets to go first because SHE'S bigger. Anyway, while the girls were all standing around talking, Bianca looked at me and said "I don't like him. He's has googly eyes." I was instantly offended but bit my tongue at first. She proceeded to say it and I finally snapped. I told her that wasn't nice and it hurts his feeling (in reality he was clueless and smiling like a fool). She continued to say she didn't like him and I bit back like a mature 35 year old would. I told her that maybe I didn't like her. She was shocked. I told her that maybe I didn't like her because she had curly hair. That got rid of Bianca. It was either that or push her down the slide.

Anyway, Owen's having his eye exam as a 11 month birthday. He's very excited.

1 comment:

Molly said...

That's awesome. You show that 4-year-old bully brat!