Tuesday, June 22, 2010

An old fashioned hoedown, part 1

Last Saturday, me and the kids dressed up in our best Western wear (well, the kids anyway), jumped in the car on our horses, and rode off to the hills of Richland Center for a good old fashioned, Ahlers Family Ho-Down. The theme for the annual Father’s Day weekend shindig was Western wear. When we got there, I was unloading everyone and I heard Brendan say “Look, look, look….it’s a REAL cowboy!” as my uncle strolled across the yard. Yep, he’s a cowboy, for sure.

Gramma brought hats for Cole and Brendan to top off their ensemble and we headed down to see the horses. Brendan and Cole could care less that there was people to visit. There were horses and tractors. What more do you need?

This picture is a bit overexposed but we're not here to critique. They took turns feeding the horse carrots. They didn't quite get how it worked. They'd hold out the carrot and just as the horse would get excited and come for it, they would whip it out like she's going to play fetch.



I'm not sure why they both look so freaked out here. John Deere and plaid, that's what cowboys wear. I'm pretty sure.





Owen could care less about the horse, but she sure liked him.


YEEEEEEHHHHAAAAWWWW!!!! Really. That's what they were telling as they tossed their hats around.



I'm pretty sure that they will be getting the best dressed trophy. I'm assuming they're having it engraved and sent to us.

No comments: