Monday, May 9, 2011

Can't cry hard enough...

For those of you who don't already know, we lost my nephew, Noah, this morning. He was went down for a nap and never woke up. The whole day seems like a dream, well nightmare. It can't possibly be real. How can someone so perfect die? For no reason? I spent the day at the hospital trying to keep Maddy entertained and content, calling/emailing people to tell them the horrible news, and trying to be the strong one. Now that I'm home and my kids are asleep I can't stop the waterworks.

I am getting a ton of emails asking what people can do for Alicia and Kevin. And, the truth is, there's really nothing anyone can do. The offers are very much appreciated, don't get me wrong, but what they need the most is gone.

I have seen a lot of heartfelt and wonderful comments on Facebook tonight. It takes me back almost 22 mos in the blink of an eye. I love how great people can be. At the same time, my mind starts going 100 mph and I analyze things. The "everything happens for a reason" type comments almost infuriate me. I'm not saying I'm mad at someone for saying that because I know they mean well, but I have a very hard time grasping that concept in a time like things. I can't think of any reason that a parent needs to lose a child. I read where someone said that it's such an honor that God chose Alicia and Kevin to care for and love this baby for his four months on earth. Another statement that was meant well, but I can't understand how it's ok to fill someone's heart with so much love for someone then practically rip it out of their chest. I'm not trying to offend or start a debate of some sort. I'm just pissed . I'm mad that my sister has to go thru this. That anyone has to go thru this. I'm mad that something so horrific happened today and the world keeps spinning....there's still work in the morning, there's still laundry to be done, there's still puke to be cleaned up (well, for Tanya anyway). It's not fair.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest I'll leave you with these pictures from mid-March. I have been meaning to post them for awhile but have been slacking...

Owen and Noah were supposed to be BFF's...



When Owen saw Noah he had to give hugs. His hugs are usually followed by "awwww, nice..."



How can you accept losing someone so happy, smiley, chubby (his rolls had rolls!), and all around perfect?? Just look at that smile!



We really do appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much! Keep them coming.

5 comments:

Danielle Maconaghy said...

Reading this just makes me get goose bumps and makes me feel so sad. I dont know your sister or anything but your right no one deserves to lose there child. It makes you wonder why god chooses the people he does and the times that he chooses them. My heart is really out to your family and I really hope you guys can all make it through this tough time.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say or do something to help. I am reminded about what one of the doctors said while R was waiting to go into surgery a year ago; "as a parent, you would do anything to change places with your child, to protect them and so you know that they are ok"

My deepest sympathy to all of you. I wish it were just a dream.
Carey

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathy to Alicia and Kevin and the rest of the family. Words do not describe nor do they justify such a terrible event. No words of wisdom, thought poetry or cliche can ever make this seem justified. All I can do is pray for strength and healing for your family...

Anonymous said...

these pictures well be treasurers for a life time . My heart breaks for the family knowing what they are going threw been there it takes time to heal but you never forget your love one.They may of been with us a short time but in our hearts for a life time .

Nikki Vayder said...

April, I agree with you completely. None of the silly things that people say to make light of a tragic situation actually help people feel better. There is nothing that can help a parent feel better during a time like this I'm sure. I know you feel so close to her through all of this because of everything you went through when Owen was born. You are such a wonderful sister and I am sure she is glad to have you right now. I can not imagine what all of you are going through, and can't get you guys off of my mind. Love and lots of hugs, Nikki