Wednesday, June 8, 2011

First trip to the dentist

Brendan had his first dentist appointment Tuesday. I fully expected it to be a disaster, but he was very cooperative.



I went first. Brendan sat in the corner playing a game but by the time she was polishing my teeth he practically had his head in my mouth to see what was going on. When I was done, he hopped right up in the chair.



He got to take a few rides up and down. They laid him down and asked them to show how big he could open his mouth.



Since the dentist was still there from my exam he took the opportunity to count his teeth. He was excited to announce there was no cavities.



After the dentist left, the hygienist counted his teeth too. Since he was being so cooperative she took the went ahead and cleaned his teeth. When we were done he got his toothbrush, toothpaste, and gum. Gum!! I never get gum. She walked us out and had him pick a balloon and walked him over to the prize shelf where he picked a pirate hat and patch. Go figure!

No comments: